About Federation of Finnish Enterprises
Our member entrepreneurs share a passion and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, the freedom to do their work well, the willingness and ability to take risks and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.
The most important reasons to belong to the entrepreneur organisation are lobbying and counselling services as well as a desire to be a part of the entrepreneur community and meet other entrepreneurs.
Lobbying issues that are particularly central this year are strengthening a positive environment for entrepreneurship developing the service market within the sphere of responsibility of municipalities and federations of municipalities in such a way that entrepreneurs gain better opportunities to participate influencing in municipal elections in such a way that the status of entrepreneurs develops favourably as a result of municipal politics implementing the tax policy of the government programme in such a way that benefits entrepreneurs as much as possible.
As Finland’s largest organisation, representing 115,000 enterprises, we work every day to support free entrepreneurship and an entrepreneur-positive society.
Some results achieved as a result of collective lobbying on the part of entrepreneurs
- The one-time dividend taxation encouraging entrepreneurship and risk taking has been preserved despite pressure for change.
- Social security for entrepreneurs and their family members has improved.
- The Tax Account has reduced the amount of bureaucracy required for enterprises.
- The payment programme for the loan arrangement will be shortened — a quicker new beginning for entrepreneurs.
- More and more municipalities are evaluating the effects of their actions on enterprises.
- More and more municipalities have restructured their services by broadening the use of such things as purchasing services and service vouchers.
- Education and training in entrepreneurship has been strengthened at all levels of education