1. Data Controller
Suomen Yrittäjät ry (FFE),
00101 Helsinki, Finland
Mannerheimintie 76 A
00250 Helsinki, Finland
Contact information for matters related to the registry
Suomen Yrittäjät ry / Arttu Talvela
00251 Helsinki, Finland
Suomen Yrittäjät ry’s (FFE) telephone switchboard tel. +358 9 229 221
2. Data Subjects
- potential customers and website users
- Suomen Yrittäjät ry’s (FFE) member companies
3. The Use of Personal Data
Personal data is processed based on the data processor’s legitimate interest and subjects’ consent.
The Purpose of Data Processing and Registry Keeping
Personal data shall only be processed for predetermined purposes, which are as follows:
- Maintaining customer relationships and customer service – legitimate interest
- Newsletter subscriptions – consent
- Targeting our marketing efforts – consent or legitimate interest
4. Data Entered Into the Registry
The marketing registry contains both company data and data on companies’ contact personnel.
Personal data in the registry includes:
- email address
- contact information
- IP addresses (customer service chat and analytics)
- For member companies, data in the member registry (www.yrittajat.fi/tietosuojaseloste)
5. Rights of the Data Subject
You have the following rights, and if you wish to exercise these rights, send your request to email@example.com
Right to access your data
You have the right to access the data we have registered regarding yourself. If you notice any errors or lacking information, you may ask us to rectify or complete the data.
Right to object the processing of data
You have, at all times, the right to object the processing of your data if you deem that we have processed your personal data unlawfully or we do not have the right to process some of your data.
Right to the erasure of data
For marketing emails, subjects have the right to unsubscribe from emails sent for the purposes of the marketing campaign in question.
If you feel that it is not necessary for us to process some of your data for our purposes, you have the right to request that we erase the data in question. We will process your request, after which we shall erase your data or inform you of the justification for not erasing the data. Should you disagree with our decision, you have the right to appeal to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman [http://www.tietosuoja.fi/fi/index/yhteystiedot.html]. You also have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of any data under dispute until the case is resolved.
Right to appeal
You have the right to appeal to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman if you feel that we are breaking the current data protection legislation in processing your data.
6. Data Gathering
The company, organization, and personal data in the registry is collected from:
- For member companies, from Suomen Yrittäjät’s member registry
- For potential new enterprises, from the user, for example, when ordering guides from the Suomen Yrittäjät website or participating in a training program or event.
- From the list of recently founded companies by the Finnish Patent and Registration Office
- From our partners based on the customer’s consent
- Public data sources on the Internet
- Commercial data sources
7. Data Sharing
We shall not sell or rent marketing registry data to third parties. We shall only share data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may share participant/user data with third parties if the participant/user has granted their consent.
- In case we undergo a merger or otherwise reorganize our operations, users personal data may be shared within the new organization.
8. Duration of Data Processing
Personal data is primarily processed for as long as it is necessary for the intended purpose.
Data subjects can remove themselves from our email marketing list by using the link provided in all of our marketing campaign emails.
9. Data Processors
The data in the marketing registry is processed by the employees of Suomen Yrittäjät ry (FFE) and Sypoint Oy, which is owned by Suomen Yrittäjät, in accordance with the current privacy and data protection legislation.
We may outsource the processing of personal data to third parties, in which case we ensure by contractual means that personal data shall be processed according to the current data protection legislation and in a professional manner.
We have made sure that all of our service providers obey the privacy and data protection legislation. We use the following service providers:
- ICC Manager
10. Data transfer Outside the EU
Our primary choice for storing data is secure, Europe-based server centers.
Some of the aforementioned service providers may back up their data to a location outside the EU/ETA area in the United States of America. Data is backed up so that your data is secure in situations where primary servers fail or problems occur.
We make sure that our service providers are part of the so-called Privacy Shield program between the EU and the U.S.A. (https://www.privacyshield.gov/list), which is meant to ensure the secure processing of European data in the United States.
11. Cookies and Browsing Data
We may collect data on the user’s device through cookies and other similar methods, such as the web browser’s local storage. Cookies are small text files that the web browser stores on the user’s device. Cookies often contain an anonymous, individual identifier, which can be used to identify and count the browsers visiting our website.
Third parties may place cookies on the user’s device to create visitor statistics when the user is visiting our services. The term “third parties” refers to parties other than Suomen Yrittäjät (FFE), such as statistical and tracking service providers.
12. Privacy Terms and Conditions for Mobile Applications
13. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
Our marketing and sales teams may utilize profiling to target our marketing efforts.