1. Data Controller
The registry is maintained by the entrepreneurial association stated in the sign-up instructions:
- Suomen Yrittäjät ry (FFE),
- A regional division of Suomen Yrittäjät, or
- A local subdivision of Suomen Yrittäjät.
Contact information for the person in charge of the event registry can be found in the sign-up instructions.
2. Data Subjects
Persons who signed up for the event.
3. Purpose and Justification for Registry Keeping
Personal data is processed based on a legitimate interest on the data controller’s part and based on sign-ups for the event.
The Purpose of Data Processing and Registry Keeping
Personal data shall only be processed for predetermined purposes, which are as follows:
- Providing event-related information
- Event-related billing
- Gathering feedback regarding the event
- Marketing similar events
We will market the option of becoming a member of the Finnish Federation of Enterprises to companies who participate in the event.
4. Data Entered Into the Registry
The event registry contains both company data and data on companies’ contact personnel:
- contact information
- information needed for billing
- membership data
- If the event calls for it, the following matters may be inquired about:
- information regarding participants’ allergies
- date of birth
5. Rights of the Data Subject
You possess the following rights, and if you wish to exercise these rights, make your request to the contact person listed in the sign-up instructions.
Right to access your data
You have the right to access the data we have registered regarding yourself. If you notice any errors or lacking information, you may ask us to rectify or complete the data.
Right to object the processing of data
You have, at all times, the right to object the processing of your data if you deem that we have processed your personal data unlawfully or we do not have the right to process some of your data.
Right to the erasure of data
Whenever email marketing occurs, subjects have the right to unsubscribe from marketing emails.
If you feel that it is not necessary for us to process some of your data for our purposes, you have the right to request that we erase the data in question. We will process your request, after which we shall erase your data or inform you of the justification for not erasing the data. Should you disagree with our decision, you have the right to appeal to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman (instructions for making an appeal). You also have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of any data under dispute until the case is resolved.
Right to appeal
You have the right to appeal to the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman if you feel that we are breaking the current data protection legislation in processing your data (instructions for making an appeal).
6. Gathering of Personal Data
Data is gathered in conjunction with the event sign-up process.
7. Data Sharing
We shall not sell or rent registry data to third parties. We shall only share data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may share participant/user data with third parties if the participant/user has granted their consent.
8. Duration of Data Processing
Personal data will be stored in the event registry for as long as it is necessary for the purpose of data processing.
9. Data Processors
- The data in the registry is processed by the persons in charge of the event within the organization.
- Personal data may also be processed by subcontractors for the event, such as the catering service.
- Personal data may be processed by service providers, such as accounting firms, that are in charge of billing for the event.
We ensure by contractual means that personal data shall be processed according to the privacy and data protection legislation and in a professional manner.
The following tools may be used to collect data for the event registry:
- The event form on the yrittäjät.fi website (Drupal)
10. Data Transfer Outside the EU
Our primary choice for storing data is secure, Europe-based server centers.
Some of the aforementioned service providers may back up their data to a location outside the EU/ETA area in the United States of America. Data is backed up so that your data is secure in situations where primary servers fail or problems occur.
We make sure that our service providers are part of the so-called Privacy Shield program between the EU and the U.S.A. (https://www.privacyshield.gov/list), which is meant to ensure the secure processing of European data in the United States.
11. Cookies and Browsing Data
We may collect data on the user’s device through cookies and other similar methods, such as the web browser’s local storage. Cookies are small text files that the web browser stores on the user’s device. Cookies often contain an anonymous, individual identifier, which can be used to identify and count the browsers visiting our website.
Third parties may place cookies on the user’s device to create visitor statistics when the user is visiting our services. The term “third parties” refers to parties other than Suomen Yrittäjät (FFE), such as statistical and tracking service providers.
12. Privacy Terms and Conditions for Mobile Applications
13. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
No automated individual decision-making or profiling shall occur based on the data.