About Suomen Yrittäjät
Suomen Yrittäjät is an interest and service organization for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and their owners. Our task is to improve the position of entrepreneurs and the conditions for entrepreneurship, and to make Finland an entrepreneurial society.
Our member entrepreneurs share a passion and enthusiasm for entrepreneurship, the freedom to do their work well, the willingness and ability to take risks and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.The most important reasons to belong to our entrepreneur organization are lobbying and counselling services and a desire to be a part of the entrepreneur community and meet other entrepreneurs.
As Finland’s largest organization, representing 115,000 enterprises, we work every day to support free entrepreneurship and an entrepreneur-friendly society.
» Members and Membership Structure of Suomen Yrittäjät (pdf 3/2019)
Some results achieved as a result of collective lobbying on the part of entrepreneurs
- The one-off dividend tax, which encourages entrepreneurship and risk-taking, has been preserved, despite pressure for change.
- Social security for entrepreneurs and their family members has improved.
- The Tax Account has reduced businesses’ red tape.
- The payment programme for the loan arrangement will be shortened – a quicker new beginning for entrepreneurs.
- More municipalities are evaluating the effects of their actions on SMEs.
- More municipalities have restructured their services by broadening the use of such things as purchasing services and service vouchers.
- Education and training in entrepreneurship has been strengthened at all levels of education.