Koronainfo yrittäjälle: yrittajat.fi/korona
MIGRANT ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
THE COMPETION FOR THE YEAR 2021 WILL OPEN IN SEPTEMBER!
The aim of the Suomen Yrittäjät Migrant Entrepreneur of the Year competition is to acknowledge and highlight entrepreneurs who have moved to Finland.
- When choosing the winner, the story is given more weight than business results.
- The chosen winner will have found a way to do business in Finnish society, despite the challenges of language barriers and cultural differences.
- They will be an engaging example to other entrepreneurs.
- Their business must be profitable and have growth prospects.
- The entrepreneur must have taken care of all their legal obligations concerning the business and must have a solid reputation
- This entrepreneur will convey a positive attitude to life and business.
- The chosen winner may either operate a single-person business or be an employer, or even a pair or team of entrepreneurs.
Who can nominate the winner?
Anyone may submit a nomination in Finnish or English. Suomen Yrittäjät will process the nominations, after which a dedicated jury will choose the winner and runners-up from among five finalists. The winner will receive a €5,000 prize from the Elo Mutual Pension Insurance Company, while those awarded second and third place will receive a certificate.
To be nominated for the competition, the entrepreneur must meet the following conditions:
- The entrepreneur was not born in Finland.
- His or her native language is not Finnish, Swedish or a Saami language.
- Nominees may not be a member of the Suomen Yrittäjät immigrant entrepreneur network management team.
- His or her business is registered in Finland.
- The entrepreneur and business have an impeccable reputation.
- The business must be capable of continued success and be in good financial standing. The entrepreneur and business have met their tax and other statutory duties as an employer and an entrepreneur.
- The entrepreneur’s business has been operating for at least 3 years by the end of this year.
- A single person-business, a pair of entrepreneurs, or team of entrepreneurs may be nominated for the competition.
Please note that the competition has ended for the year 2020 and will be on again next year!