What do global SMEs need to know about Brexit?
The official transitional period for Brexit will last until the end of this year, and trade negotiations are still underway. This situation creates uncertainty for companies of all sizes, and many questions, among other things, relating to the movements of goods and ensuring business operations, still remain open. How will global SMEs operate in the midst of this uncertainty? Does Brexit only cause harm or will some types of business become easier?
In the webinar, we will discuss the status and outlook of the trade negotiations from the point of view of SMEs.
- Opening of the event and overview of the current Brexit situation
- How an SME should prepare for operating in the UK (labour law, contracts etc.) and import/export/agreements with the UK (taxation, customs clearance etc.)
- A broader discussion about working within the EU after Brexit – new opportunities for business?
Speakers from Magnusson
- Moderator: Ville Salonen, Attorney-at-law / Partner, Co-Head Dispute Resolution
- Heikki Wide, Attorney-at-law / Partner
- Anu Vuori, Attorney-at-law / Senior Associate
Speakers from Reed Smith
- Claude Brown, Partner
- Carl De Cicco, Counsel
The webinar is arranged as a Microsoft Teams Live Event and held in English.
You may send us questions in connection with the registration. We will answer as many questions as possible during the webinar.
Schedule: Thursday, 10 December 2020 at 2:00 – 3.30 p.m.
After the registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to the webinar. The webinar is free of charge.
When joining the webinar, please mute your microphone. That way we can prevent unnecessary background noise during the presentation.
Webinar organised by Magnusson (Finland) and Reed Smith (UK), two law firms specialising in international business law.